We are accepting new patients! Call (845) 764-9572 or click here to make an appointment for your child. At Kids Family Dental, we want to ensure your child’s smile is bright and healthy for years to come.
Proper dental care is important for all ages.
At Kids Family Dental, children come first for friendly, compassionate family dental care. We’re dedicated to providing your child with the highest-quality dental services and we welcome patients from the age of one. We offer extended and weekend hours to make it easy for families to fit dental care into their busy work and school schedules. We also accept walk-in patients, emergency cases, and our Brewster dentists accommodate these needs as quickly as possible. Members of our staff speak both English and Spanish.
How to avoid dental problems in children:
- Brush after meals with a toothbrush with soft bristles
- Use a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste
- Use dental floss daily
- Eat fewer sweets, especially between meals
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups
- Stop tweens & teenagers from smoking or chewing tobacco products
What to Expect at Your Child’s First Visit to the Dentist
Thank you for selecting our pediatric dental office in Brewster for your child’s dental care. Whether this is your child’s first visit to a dentist ever or if you are changing dentists and coming to our practice for the first time, rest assured that we will do everything we can to make your child’s visit to the dentist go smoothly.
Our team of friendly kids’ dentists and team members make every trip to our office fun. Our waiting room is stocked with books, coloring pages, games, and a TV tuned to kid-friendly shows. However, we do everything we can to make sure you don’t have to wait. Our goal is to get you in to see the pediatric dentist as quickly as possible.
Parents and siblings are allowed to come back with the patient while they are having the exam and cleaning completed. Each patient room is private, so feel free to ask any questions you have.
During your child’s visit, the pediatric dentist will:
- Examine your child’s teeth and make sure they’re coming in correctly and are cavity-free
- Examine your child’s bite to ensure the jaws and teeth align properly
- Take x-rays if necessary. We typically do not take x-rays of young children’s teeth unless we suspect there may be cavities.
- Clean the teeth
- Apply fluoride
After your child is finished, he or she can pick a prize from our treasure box. It’s just one more way we make the visit fun.
First Visit Paperwork
If you wish to send any patient forms or other documentation before or after an appointment please fax them to (845) 279-2400.